Monday, February 26, 2018

Distress Oxide Hollyhocks



Hollyhocks...such magnificent flowers.  They stand proud, hailing their beauty for all to see.  I remember them standing taller than the other flowers in my dad's garden, and how I loved them.  Birds, bees and butterflies enjoy their nectar.  They add an elegant touch to any garden.  Hollyhocks are the focal point of my card today.  I'm sneaking a little spring into February here.

On a panel of natural cardstock, I ran the Impression-Obsession DIE152-N along the side, and attached it to a textured green A-2 card.  I stamped IO's Silhouette 18 leaves with bundled sage distress ink, and fussy-cut it.  

For the flowers, I made a background with distress oxide inks on a panel of cardstock.  When dry, I die cut the IO  DIE169-R hollyhocks, and added them, along with the leaves, to the card front.  I added a piece of the background paper I had created with the distress oxides to the right side of the panel.  The verse is from the IO clear set WP128 Square Frames.
CLOSE-UP OF THE FLOWERS CREATED WITH DISTRESS OXIDE
I used Enamel Accents in the flower centers, and Nuvo crystal drops for accents.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Impression-Obsession Challenge - Birthday wishes

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  - In my garden

Splitcoaststamper Featured Stamper Challenge

Thank you for stopping in today.  Your kind comments and your encouragement mean so much to me.

Blessings,


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Lynda. Thanks for joining us at IO stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mix of pinks and greens, Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!