Friday, February 9, 2018

Elegant Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards...nobody wants to have to make them.  But, sadly, there are times when we need to send them.  I believe that when a person gets a home-made sympathy card, they feel your love and concern in a special way.  They know you took the time and cared enough to make them a special card in their time of grief.  It's like an extra hug for a friend, and something they can look at any time they want.
For my focal piece on this card, I chose this flower stamp from Impression-Obsession, F8739.  I inked the stamp with antique linen distress ink, and stamped it onto Strathmore mixed media paper.  

I used Tombow markers to watercolor the flower using the no-line method.  When dry, I fussy-cut the flower and put it aside.

For the card, I used Tim Holtz distress inks in shabby shutters and peeled paint, and sponged them on with my ink blending tool.  I stamped some background images with clear stamps from the Impression-Obsession CL124 Solid Florals set.  

The sympathy verse is from I-O's clear set CL114 Sympathy Sentiments, and I embossed it in gold.  

I added some gold fibers to the flower, and some tiny gold beads to the center, and adhered it to the card with foam tape.  Some sparkling crystals from Studio Katia finish off my card today.

I am entering my card in the Impression-Obsession challenge (friendship flowers).  I am also adding it to the The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge.

Thank you for stopping in today.  I do appreciate you taking time from your day to visit.  Your comments always warm my heart.  

Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful in so many ways! Love your coloring on the flower and the gold embossing, plus the background that you stamped. Prettiest card in the challenge at IO Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, and one that the recipient will look at again and again over the years. Your coloring on the flower is very nice, but I have to say, it is the green background with faded out stamping that keeps getting my attention. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is spectacular! The color combo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda
    This is a stunning card... that flower is out of this world so real looking...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!