Saturday, February 10, 2018

Love Birds

Today I pulled out my Winnie & Walter 'So Tweet' stamp set.  I wanted to make some Valentine cards, but I didn't want the traditional red and white and pink.  So...here is my non-traditional Valentine....
For the hearts, I punched some different size hearts from card stock, then sponged white ColorBox pigment ink through them onto kraft card stock, moving them around until I had what I wanted.  When dry, I colored the tops of the hearts in ombre fashion with colored pencils.

I stamped the love from the same set onto the bottom of the card, then the branch, and the birdy much sentiment.  I colored the love in with white acrylic paint, and went over the outline again with black permanent pen.  I attached the panel to a black A2 card.  Added a strip of black and white pp along the left edge.

For the birds, I watercolored them with Derwent Inktense pencils.  I added some white dots with a gel pen, fussy-cut the birds, and attached them with foam tape.  

All-in-all, an easy card, but a really fun one to make.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Allsorts Challenge - Love is in the air

Cards In Envy - Love you so much

Modsquad Challenge  - Have a heart

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - It must be love

I am so glad you stopped by today.  Thank you for your lovely comments.  I love hearing your thoughts.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. A really delightful romantic creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Love is in the air' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hearts in pastels. What a great idea! Those birds are so cute too! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet image and your colour choice makes a pleasant change. Lovely card.
    Thank you for joining our 'Love is in the Air' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. I love your cute little birds and the background is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad Challenge this week.
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer and Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading how you stenciled the hearts and did the coloring and shading on your sweet card! Love the kraft paper, too. Such a beautiful Valentine! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, this is lovely - love the soft colors against kraft, and those chubby birds! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love all the hearts and those cute love birds! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.
    ~Sandy
    ~Sandy
    Sandy Trefger Creative Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracyx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!