Monday, October 21, 2019

Impression-Obsession Old Is New - Double Cone Flower



Welcome to another Impression-Obsession Old Is New Day, where the IO artists are sharing a card using an older stamp.

I chose the Double Cone Flower stamp for my card today.  This flower is a little different, in that the outside is all solid.  That is the part that actually 'stamps.'  The image is etched in, with the petals, leaves, and other parts recessed into the rubber, which creates the open areas. 



Stamps:


I inked the Double Cone Flower image with wild honey distress ink, using my Misti so that I could do repeat stamping, as the watercolor paper I stamped on had a lot of texture to it. 

I used Caron D'Ache watercolor crayons to paint the background, and the petals and leaves.  I built the color up gradually on the background, getting variances in color for interest. 

When dry, I used Polychromos colored pencils to add shading and details to the petals of the flowers and the leaves.  I used the Caran D'Ache crayons to add color to the French Text CAC stamp, then spritzed it with water and stamped it on the background.  (I had masked off the flowers before I did this step).

I layered this panel onto a white panel, then onto a mustard yellow panel, and finally onto a white card.  I stamped the 'Enjoy your special day' verse from the the Life Stuff Sentiments set onto the mustard piece.

Finally, on the image panel, I added a the Happy Birthday die from the DIE234-M die.

And for the inside:

I hope you like my card, and are enjoying this Designer Sale feature at the Impression-Obsession blog.  You can find projects by the other designers on the IO blog post HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I enjoy your visits.  Have a great day!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Lynda. The various crafting techniques are so well chosen and applied. Thanks for the inspiration and introducing me to this stamp--it's now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that is beautiful. I love sunflowers...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!