Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Technique Junkies October, 2019 Stamp Release Celebration


Welcome to the Technique Junkies October Release Day! 

All of the October 2019 New Release stamps 
are 15% off through October 8th!   
You don't need a code, just add them to your cart 
and the discount will be applied when you check out.

AND, if you use my code, TJ10Lynda, you will get an additional 10% off.
That's 25% off the new release items 
through October 8th when you use my code!

I have three cards for your inspiration today. 

Card 1 - Joyeux Noel Cardinal

I stamped the Cardinal  image onto gray card stock, and colored it with Faber Castell Pitt Pastel pencils and pastel sticks.  I added the lines of the image back in after coloring, as the pastels do cover them up quite a bit.  

I used an 01 Micron pen for this step.  I could have left the image in my Misti, and colored it there, then overstamped it again when finished, but I removed it before thinking of that.


I drew in some branches in the background with the pastel pencils, and smudged them to blur them, so they appear in the distance.

For the verse, I used the Joyeux Noel from the Victorian Greetings set, stamping it with festive berries distress ink onto a scrap of gray, then cutting it down.

I added the image with foam tape to a gray A2 card, then   added a die cut frame from a darker gray.  I added the verse, and a button with some string tied through into a bow.

Inside:



Card 2 - Poinsettia Happy Holidays
Stamps:  Poinsettia Set of 4 SS099
              Victorian Greetings Set of 6  JT030

I stamped the Poinsettia images onto white card stock, and colored them with colored pencils.  I use Polychromos, as I like to add lots of layers, and these pencils take the layering beautifully, without building up a waxy bloom that prevents you from adding more color or layers.

I fussy-cut the images and set them aside while I prepared my card layout.  On an A2 card I added a layer of ivory card stock.  On another, slightly smaller, panel of ivory card stock, I added a coral panel with string and bow, and another lighter coral pp.  Onto that, I added die cut circles and frame.  I added the fussy-cut poinsettias to this arrangement with foam tape.  

I stamped the verse from the Victorian Greetings set onto a scrap of the ivory, lined it with coral, and added it with foam tape.

Some clear drops from Studio Katia finish off the card front.

For the inside:



Card 3 - Mischievous Kitty Under Christmas Tree
Stamps:  Meowy Christmas JT029
              Christmas Ornaments Trio Set of 9 (verse)

I stamped the Meowy Christmas image by inking it with various colors of distress inks.  I used distress inks to watercolor the images.  I did this in my Misti, so that when it had dried I restamped the image to bring back the lines.

Some colored pencil shading and highlights finish off the coloring.

I stamped the Merry & Bright verse from the Christmas Ornaments Trio Set of 9 with VersaMark Nocturne ink, and embossed it, then cut it out and added it to the card.

Some layering with various card stocks, gold pearl embellishments from Studio Katia,  and that was that.

Be sure to visit the other designer's posts by clicking on the links below for more inspiring creations:

Technique Junkies Blog
Beth Norman-Roberts
Ceal Pritchett
Giovana Smith
Holly Brown
Janine Tinklenberg
Jeanne Streiff
Judy Jackson
Kia Gibson-Clapper
Lee Ann Barrett
Lynda Pleckan
Pat Huntoon
Ro Donner
Stephanie Severin

I hope you like my cards, and are inspired to make something beautiful today!  Don't forget to use my code, TJ10Lynda, for 10% off your entire purchase, including 10% off the already discounted release stamps through October 8th.
Thanks for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your time and your inspiring comments.

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Love all your cards, Lynda, but Meowy Christmas is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!