Tuesday, December 17, 2019

We Have A Winner! And An Elegant Christmas Card

As promised, I have a winner from my Dec. 9th blog post.  Sorry I'm a day late with this post...time just got away from me.  I drew a name from the comments section to win the card I had posted.  
And the winner is....drumroll..... Debbie Gaetz.  Congratulations, Debbie.  Just send me your address and I will get the card right out to you.  You can email me at weblynda at yahoo dot com with your address info.

With all the excitement of the holiday season, I thought I would share a peaceful, soft card today.  I think the gray with the touch of lavendar and white are calming and soothing, and the gold adds just enough interest.

Impression Obsession dies/stamps:
Twas The Night CC3582 
Happy Holidays C5685 
Winter Foliage DIE907-YY 
Winter Doilies DIE906-ZZ 

I stamped the Twas The Night Cover-A-Card stamp onto gray card stock with white pigment ink, then attached it to a lavendar A2 sized card front.  


I am addicted to IO's Cover-A-Card stamps.  They're great for that perfect background, and make a quick and easy card with just a verse or small image.  I have tons of them, and use them frequently.
One of my favorite ways to use them is how I used this one in my card today.  Just softly stamped so that it is 'there,' but unobtrusive, so that the attention is on the die cluster.  The background subtly serves as the perfect 'stage' for this lovely bouquet.

I used several die cuts from the Winter Foliage  set for the arrangement, coloring some with a soft distress brush, an leaving some white, and some gold.

I embossed the verse, and added some Studio Katia gold foil pearl embellishments

Inside:  I added another of the Winter Doilies  dies to the inside, with more of the Winter Foliage dies.
Inside

I hope you like my card, and I hope you are enjoying your holiday preparations and festivities.  Thank you for stopping by today.  

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!