Monday, September 12, 2016

Falling For You

"Autumn.....Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness."  
This lovely quote by John Keats from his poem Ode to Autumn was my inspiration for this card today.  
It is a top-folding A2 size card.  For the background panel, I randomly stamped the flourish from the Impression-Obsession clear set CL138 Autumn Squares, using VersaMark ink. 

The tag is done on watercolor paper.   I used the 'smoosh' technique to lay down the first layer of colors, using TH distress inks in various fall colors.  After applying the inks, I used a paper towel to pick some of it up,as I did not want it too dark, since I was going to stamp over it.  I also dripped some clear water on it and lifted more of the color with the paper towel in areas.  To ink the leaf stamp (same IO stamp set) I put colors of TH distress ink onto my craft mat, then tapped the stamp into the various inks, moving from one color to the next to get blending on the stamp before I stamped it. I created spatters with my paint brush and inks, as well as white gesso.  A little blending around the edges ties it all together.  I thought it could use a little something, so I white embossed the word Autumn from the poem onto a rust scrap of card stock, cut it out, and attached it with foam tape for dimension.  

I created a second tag from orangey-rust card stock, and brushed some gesso onto it, and also added some gesso spatters.  This tag went directly onto the card, and the stamped tag is elevated with craft foam.  Some fall colored fibers and copper and gold sequins add the finishing touches.

I created this card for the Impression-Obsession challenge, where the theme is Falling for you.

I am also adding my card to these other challenges......

Addicted to Stamps - Trees, branches, and/or leaves

Make My Monday Challenge - Autumn/fall colors

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Stamp it

Virginia's View Challenge - Spray, mist, splatter

Time Out Challenge  - Inspiration words

I hope you have been enjoying these late summer, early almost fall days.  I know I sure am!  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  

Be blessed,

lynda


4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a beautiful tag Lynda! Lovely warm colours, fab design and the scequins are a good add. Beautiful made! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda
    Your Autumn card is gorgeous with great techniques!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the fall colors you used! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!