Thursday, September 8, 2016

Wonderfully Made - Verve Stamps Challenge Card

Today's card features Verve Stamps clear set Wonderfully Made 0180....
To create this card, I started with a watercolor panel for the background.  I rubbed red, orange, yellow, and green shades of Tombow markers onto my craft sheet.  Using a round ink application tool (Tim Holtz), I applied the colors, one by one, to the panel.  I was careful to keep colors that blend well together next to each other, so I didn't get any muddy areas.

Once the ink was on the panel, I spritzed it with my mister bottle, and used a waterbrush to move color around and blend, creating interesting puddles and water marks.  I dried it with my heat tool, then repeated the process.  I dried it again, and spattered clear water onto the panel, creating water droplets.  I dabbed a paper towel over the panel, and it pulled off some of the ink where the water droplets were, creating a blotched look.  When dry, I attached this panel to an A2 card.
CLOSE-UP OF BACKGROUND TECHNIQUE
I created another, smaller panel in the same fashion, and stamped the verse onto it with India Ink black, then layered this panel onto a panel slightly larger in the same shade as the card.  To add dimension, I used craft foam to adhere the panel to the card front. A piece of twill adds interest and texture.

The flowers, from the same stamp set, were inked with Tombow markers, then watercolored.   I fussy-cut them out, and used foam tape and glue dots to add them to the card.

Black sequins and amber rhinestones complete the card.

This card is for the Viva La Verve Sketches Challenge - sketch

I am also adding it to:

Mod Squad Challenge - Use bright fall colors









Virginia's View Challenge - Spray, mist, and spatter

Love to Scrap Challenge - Flower power!

Here is the sketch for the Viva La Verve challenge.....




Thanks for visiting today.  Take a few moments to check out these challenges, and the awesome design team cards and other entries.  Maybe you'll even decide to enter one or two!

Blessings,

lynda

3 comments:

  1. Your colorful watercolor panels are wonderful! Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love the earthy watercoloring and those soft, pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty watercolor background and flowers to match. Nice verse, too. Thanks for sharing and entering our flower challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!