Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Card - God Knows

Sometimes you need to express what a get well card, or just plain thinking of you card just doesn't convey.  This 'God knows' verse from Simon Says Stamp (Blessed SSS101370) is exactly what I needed for this card for a friend...
 I created the background with an acrylic brayer and distress inks on white card stock.  Click HERE  for my post detailing how this is done.  I took this a step further than the original technique by spattering some droplets of water onto the background, then lifting the color in the areas where the drops were with a paper towel.  

When the background was dry, I stamped the Sketch Ranunculus (SSS101626) stamps and leaves from Simon Says Stamp, with India Ink black.  I love those little bubbly thingies included in this set, also.  I used a Copic multi liner to draw in the stems for the flowers.  

I embossed the verse in black onto a scrap of vellum, then attached it to a card stock scrap, then foam mounted this to the card.  I layered the panel onto a black card, and added a narrow strip of coral card stock along the left side, to match the card stock scrap under the vellum.

A spattering of clear opalescent sequins finishes off the card.

I am adding my card to these challenges today.....

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Powder power

AAA Cards Challenge - Masking

Addicted To Stamps Challenge - Favorite embellishment

Make My Monday Challenge - No patterned paper

Mod Squad Challenge - Splat (spatters or splat)


I appreciate your visit today.  Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment below.  I would love to hear from you!

Blessings,

lynda

 

6 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Lynda...love the soft background and what a lovely sentiment...thank you so much for sharing with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful elegant card in lovely colours. You've made a beautiful background too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and I love the distressed effect with water. Thank you for Joining us at Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best to you. Nandini DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The background colors are amazing. Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, what a lovely card! Love this simple image in black stamped down to a watercoloured panel. Thank you so much for sharing with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!