Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Technique Junkies August New Stamps Release And Blog Hop

Welcome!  Take a break from the heat, and hop on over to the Technique Junkies August Release Blog Hop!  If you are here from Beth Norman's blog you are in the right place.   If not, head on over to the Technique Junkies blog to start at the beginning.
We have 18 new stamps in the August line, and the brand new Shimmering Bliss, a magical, shimmering spray paint, exclusive to Technique Junkies!  There are 25 colors of shimmering dye-based ink sprays, including 20 intense colors, and five 'topper colors,' designed to be used along for a touch of shimmer, or over the other colors.  These new sprays are the perfect complement for many of the TJ stamps and stencils.  

Remember, all new release stamps are 15% off until August 8th.  And, you can get 10% off additional stamps and supplies - including the new Shimmering Bliss, by using my code, TJ10Lynda at the checkout in the Technique Junkies Store.

I have three cards for your inspiration today, with more to follow during this month....
For this card, I used the new stamp Cocktails and Facebook.  I created the background on Strathmore bristol paper by spraying the Harvest Sunset and Ocean Depth Shimmering Bliss sprays directly onto the card panel.  This is really shimmery and sparkly in real life.  I dried this with my heat tool, cut it with a die, then ran my Krylon gold leafing pen around the edges.  I black embossed the stamp, and colored it with the same Shimmering Bliss sprays.  I just sprayed some onto my mat, and used a paint brush to paint the images with the sprays. Again, the shimmer really does not show up in the pictures.  I used Harvest Sunset, Dolphin Cove, and Thulian Pink sprays as paint.
For the card base, I covered it with paper that I had created using the Shimmering Bliss sprays.  I used text weight computer paper, and sprayed it with various colors of paints, randomly placing colors onto the paper.  I crumpled the wet paper, then opened it and sprayed again.  I repeated crumpling and spraying until I had the desired look.  I put this aside to dry.  I love how it shimmers and shines in real life!  
I attached a small portion of my hand-made designer paper to an A2 card front, using my tape runner.  A little gold string, and some foam tape added to the stamped panel, finish off this card.

Card 2 -
For this card, I used two TJ stamps, Light Remains and Messy Marble.  

I sprayed Thulian Pink and Dazzle Shimmering Bliss sprays onto a piece of Strathmore Bristol card stock.  I used part to cover the front of an A2 card, and on the remaining piece I stamped the Messy Marble stamp.  I used the Misti for this, so I could repeat stamping with my black India Ink pad until it was nice and dark black.  I love the way the sprays make this shimmer and sparkle in real life. 
I stamped the verse, Light Remains, onto a scrap piece of card stock, layered, added some fun yarn, and added that to my card.  Easy-peasy.

Card 3
I used the new African Beauty stamp, and the Stand Tall (previous release) stamp, as well as a TJ stencil.
I created the background with Shimmering Bliss sprays, and then black embossed the image, and colored her with Shimmering Bliss sprays, using them as paint by spraying them onto a mat, and picking up the color with a paint brush.  I prepared the background piece by spraying the Shimmering Bliss through a stencil.  I layered all the pieces into an A2 size card.

For more inspiration, from here take a look at the amazing projects  Pat Huntoon has for you on her hop post today!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I hope you have been inspired by my cards, and the fabulous new August Release stamps and Shimmering Bliss sprays.  Now, head on over to the Technique Junkies store and have fun shopping for your favorite stamps and spray colors!
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your background on your top card. Thanks for sharing how you did it. I'm going to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!