Sunday, August 19, 2018

Trust Yourself

During these last couple of weeks of August, the signs of autumn are creeping into our days here in upstate New York.  The air is a little crisper in the evenings, and the trees are beginning to fade in color, with some actually having yellowish leaves already.  The days are shorter, and the hummingbirds and orioles in our yard are having a feeding frenzy.  And the cicadas are screeching.
I am finding myself reaching for my fall colors that I love so much.  So, for my first fall-like card.....
I used Technique Junkies stamps:
Single Sunflower 
Things I Want To Do - verse
French Text - background

I embossed the sunflower with copper embossing powder, and painted it with watercolor.  Then I added Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss in the color Dazzle, which adds shimmer without color, so the color of the paint shows through, but with amazing shimmer.  Unfortunately it really does not show in this picture.  But in real life, it's fabulous.

I spritzed the French Text background stamp with Shimmering Bliss in Wine Stain, then stamped it onto some maize colored card stock.  I lined the panel with a copper leafing pen.  

I added the fussy-cut flower with foam tape, and die-cut the circle with the verse from the Things I Want To Do set and added it.  Some pearl accents and a copper strip of card stock finish off the card.

Use my code TJ10 Lynda to save 10% at the checkout on your Technique Junkies stamps and/or Shimmering Bliss sprays.
 

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Cards In Envy Challenge - Something new (stamps and Shimmering Bliss sprays)
CAS Watercolor Challenge - Sunflower

Thanks so much for visiting.  I look forward to your comments.
Blessings,
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall colours Lynda! Love your pretty watercoloured sunflower on top of the script background. Great colours for your base with the deep green and copper strip. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copper is perfect to emboss a sunflower, Lynda! It blends so well with your beautiful fall colors! I love the contrast with the kraft background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the copper embossing - perfect with the sunflower colours and the kraft background! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!