Sunday, April 15, 2018

Butterfly Woman

We braved the ice to get to church this morning.  Very few people there, as the news since last night was all about the 'ice storm' we were getting, but I was lector, so we had to go.  Glad I did...the Deacon gave an inspired homily.  

Now for some time in my art studio.  Just me, my music, and my art and stamping supplies.  Bliss!  Oh, and coffee, definitely coffee.  

I enjoyed playing with these stamps from  Technique Junkies.    Butterfly Woman and Began To Fly.  

For the background on the card, I used an acrylic brayer, and some matte coated card stock.  I ran my brayer through a Kaleidacolor rainbow inkpad, then onto the card front.  I repeated until I achieved my desired look, then I made a pool of gold Perfect Pearls, ran my brayer through that, then onto the background.  Just to kick it up a notch.  It doesn't show so well in the picture, but in real life it is a really pretty touch of gold glimmer.

For the woman, I inked her with Tombow markers, then cut out with an oval die and used foam tape to raise it up.  The verse is stamped with Ranger Archival ink.

A little shimmer from my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush, and some punched butterflies, finish off the card.  

Hope you are enjoying the April releases from Technique Junkies.  

Don't forget to use my code TJ10Lynda when you place your order.   
Now on to my playing.  I'm working on my DT cards for the May release!  Where is the time going?  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate you spending time with me, and love reading your comments.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!