Saturday, April 28, 2018

Life Begins After Coffee

It's a dreary, rainy, soggy day today.  Definitely a coffee-drinking day for me!  I'm on my third cup, and have yet to get up to my craft room.  I am enjoying the peaceful quiet, as hubby is out and about.  I love rainy mornings, actually.  The forecast for next week is sunshine and warmer, MUCH warmer, temperatures!  Hooray.  I'll take some rain if that is what follows!

So, since I have yet to enter the creative realm of my 'studio,' I am sharing a card that first made it's debut for the October, 2017 Dirty Dozen Design Team central theme cards.  It was my first month on the DD team at Splitcoaststampers, and we had to make six cards each month to fit the theme.  These cards were available only for SCS fan club members to view.  I could not publish them elsewhere for six months.  So, it's April, and now I will share some of these cards with you as they meet the six month rule.  First up.....
The theme was Creepy/Crawly.  I made this coffee themed card to represent how I creep ever-so-slowly out of bed and crawl to the coffee pot.  A stretch on the theme, for sure, but then, you haven't seen me 'bc' - before coffee!  NOT a pretty sight.  

I began by sponging the A2 white card front with distress oxide inks abandoned coral and worn lipstick, then spattering with water droplets.  One of my very favorite techniques!  I stamped the verse (Verve coffee set) with black, then added the coffee die, which I had distressed with vintage photo ink and layered onto a piece of fun foam for dimension.

I die-cut the curved border (Spellbinders), stamped the coffee steam, and sponged with vintage photo ink, then layered atop my background with foam tape.

For the cup, I water colored the Verve mug and fussy-cut, adding it to the curved panel with foam tape.  Glossy Accents add some shine and texture, and some flowers from my stash, pearls, and some clear sequins. 

Inside.....
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I cannot add this card to any challenges, as it had been previously published.  I will return later with, hopefully, some fresh inspiration from my 'she-den', aka 'studio,' 'craft room,' and my hubbie's favorite 'your hole!'

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Absolutely LOVE how you did the front curved panel! And I love the color combo you used!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!