Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wishing The Best

Good morning!  I hope you are having a glorious day!

I am delighted to share my post today as Guest Star Stamper for the Color Throwdown Challenge # 488.

I love the color combo for this challenge....
 And, here is my card based on that inspiring photo....

I really had fun creating this card.  I stamped the Just Rite Blooming Vines stamp onto Strathmore bristol vellum paper, using Tim Holtz distress ink in antique linen.  I wanted an ink that would not show so that I could color it with the no-line look.  

I colored with Faber Castell Polychromos, my favorite colored pencils.  For the background, I used Faber Castell soft pastels with a cotton swab around the flowers, and a larger pom-pom for the areas in between.  After applying the blue pastels, I used a clean cotton swab to clean the chalk off of the images.  

I added the Wishing die from Simon Says Stamp, and the white embossed verse from Simon Says Stamp Sending and Wishing clear stamp set.  

A sprinkling of white acrylic paint, applied by dabbing my embossing stylus into paint and then onto the card, and some yellow embroidery floss, finish off my card.  

Hope my art has inspired you to try this challenge.  Be sure to head on over to Color Throwdown for the design team's inspiration, and all the details!  

Thanks for visiting today.  I have been really enjoying the comments, so please let me  know what you think.

Blessings,

 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your coloring is amazing. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was patterned paper! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty--and so much work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring of this beautiful stamp, and the soft pastels in the background is perfect! What a stunning card and a wonderful card for the Color Throwdown! I love it! Hugs, sweet friend! Have a blessed Lord's Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is AMAZING!! Your coloring is just STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!