Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fall Leaf Line

One of my fondest memories of growing up was the clothes line behind our house.  My dad hooked it up to pulleys and the line ran from the back porch to a post further out in the back yard.  I loved hanging the laundry, and rolling it out and in.  I especially enjoyed smelling the clean, crisp clothes when we picked them.

When I saw this IMPRESSION-OBSESSION stamp, I just had to have it!


 STAMPS:  Impression-Obsession  Nature Walk
               Impression-Obsession LEAF SET (Happy Fall verse)

I stamped the Nature Walk  stamp with VersaFine Clair Nocture ink onto cream card stock, then water colored it using distress inks in fall colors.  When dry, I fussy cut along the bottom.  On the card front, I used a make up brush to softly apply distress ink in rusty hinge.  I also distressed a scrap with the same color, which I stamped the verse onto.

I foam-mounted the fussy-cut leaf-line to the top of the card, the verse to the bottom, then spritzed it all with more distress ink.  Oh...I also wrapped string (which I had dyed with ink) around the bottom verse panel to mimic the line for the hanging leaves.  Some dark beige pearls finish the card.

What is one of your fondest childhood memories?  I would love to read about it...be sure to mention it in a comment below.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Allsorts Challenge - Pearls or gems
Cards In Envy  - Favorite holiday card
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Addicted To Stamps - Anything goes
The Card Concept - Rustic fall


Thanks so much for visiting.  I appreciate you stopping by and especially enjoy your comments.

Blessings,






IMPRESSION-OBSESSION stamps:

Nature Walk
http://www.iostamps.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=F13714&Store_Code=IOSTAMPS&search=nature+walk&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=

  



LEAF SET





8 comments:

  1. Great leaves in lovely colours and super fussy cutting. Thank you for joining our 'Pearls and Gems challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty with your Fall colors. Love the watercolored look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty Autumnal card and lovely rich warm colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'pearls and gems' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab stamp and I love how you used it with the lovely autumnal colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fantastic Autumn card, so warm and beautifully colored. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your beautiful autumn card! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pretty leaves! The colors are so fun and festive! It's a perfect fall card! Thanks so much for joining us at The card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! Thanks for sharing with Crafty Creations Challenges! ~Kelley DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!