Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fright Night!

It's October...and time for halloween cards.  I made this one for some challenges today.
I'm usually not too much into halloween, but I had so much fun making this card!  I used stamps from Technique Junkies.  These are the stamps I used:
Ephemeral Crow 
Fright Night 
French Text 
Be Scary 
Happy Halloween 
I also used the Classic Harlequin Stencil.

To make my card, I used distress oxide inks with a blending tool to create a colorful background.  When that was dry, I embossed the Ephemeral Crow over it with black embossing.  I colored it with distress inks.  I added some background interest with the Classic Harlequin Stencil and parts of the French Text French Text background here and there. 

I added the background to a black marbled cardstock panel, then onto an A2 card.  Some shimmery purple and black embroidery floss and some black bead swirls from Prima finish off the front of the card.
 For the inside, I stamped the Happy Halloween and the
Be Scary onto a scrap of white card stock, and tore the edges for effect, sponged on some color throught the stencil, and added the panel to the inside.  I had a couple of strips of the front panel left from when I trimmed it down, and added those to the inside also.   
 



If you haven't had a chance to check out the October new stamp release at Technique Junkies, be sure to stop by.  The October blog hop starts HERE.  Stop in and get inspired by all the amazing design team creativity.

If you find some stamps or products you really must have, use my code, TJ10Lynda at checkout, and get 10% off your purchases. 
I am adding my card to these challenges:
AAA Cards Challenge - Inspired by a TV show (Alfred Hitchcock)
Addicted To Stamps - Holiday
Cards In Envy - Something spooky
Crop Stop - Anything goes
Craft Stop Make It Take It - Imagine - anything goes
Dragonfly Journeys - Happy halloween
Thank you so much for visiting today.  I do appreciate you taking the time to stop by, and your comments.  

Enjoy these lovely fall days if you are having fall now.  We are still not in full color yet, but trees are turning surely.  It puts me in the mood for fall stamping, casseroles, and sweaters, and curling up with a good book, or stamping supplies, or knitting, or....well, you get the idea! 

Blessings,
 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love the background you created for your card! So happy you linked up to the Cropstop blog and I hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lot of use for Halloween cards, but I love 'em. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool Birds card, That movie was scary when I was young, now I find it comical ,but the card is great . Thank you for playing at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda! Amazing card and your background is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining my Happy Halloween blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. What at atmospheric card! That background is amazing and the bird is quite menacing! Definitely could be from The Birds! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how bold the bird looks on your card!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!