Saturday, December 1, 2018

Christmas Joy Poinsettia

Greetings....it is officially December!  Although, I had my home decorated, tree up, etc. a few days before Thanksgiving.  Sometimes ya just need that lift that comes with the Christmas season.  Anyways, on to my card for today, a Christmas card, of course.  This is my dt card on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog today.



STAMPS:  Penny Black Solitaire, Wonder, and Script Text, Swirl Border

On white bristol smooth paper, cut 4 1/4"  square, I used my makeup brushes to apply distress ink in sage green along the bottom right, and one of the browns along the edges.  Next, I stamped the script and border swirl lightly.  
I stamped the Solitaire image, using my Misti.  I like the Misti for adding shading and colors to my solid images like this one.  I added light colors first, gradually adding darker, and finally the darkest for shading and realism.  I used mini distress ink cubes.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Color Throwdown - Use colors 
Make My Monday - Non-traditional Christmas colors 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - All about the holidays

That's it.  Go and have a fabulous day!  And stop on over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and play along.  The theme is Anything Goes....with option of Winter or Christmas.  You just might win some free goodies!

Blessings,

7 comments:

  1. Lynda, this card is so lovely in the simplicity of that single flower. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is s stunning card, Lynda! The solid images give such a special look! It's great to see a card using non-traditional colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping and card, so much depth in the colours, thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this beautiful creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at MMM (Make my Monday). EmmaT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Lynda, what a stunning card! I love that Penny Black image and the script in the background. What a wonderful creation! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popped in to say that I love the contemporary colours you've used and what a stunning card x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!