Saturday, December 29, 2018

Part Of The Dance

In three days we will ring in the New Year.  I don't make resolutions.   Instead, I select a few quotes that inspire me, and create art with them.   Today's card is one of these pieces....


Sometimes it's a card, others are journaling, or art journal pages; yet others are mini plaques.  I keep these pieces around the house, where I can see them throughout the year.  I have found that just when I need a particular piece of advice or help, the quote I stumble upon that day finds me.

My card uses a Technique Junkies stamp - Part Of The Dance.  I black embossed the stamp onto white card stock.  I brushed on some cracked pistachio distress ink to create a soft background.


It still seemed to need something, so I masked a rectangle around the image, then brushed some hickory smoke distress around the outside of the rectangle mask, then ran a fine pen along the rectangle, creating a frame.
A few Ranger Enamel Accents finish it off.

Use my code - TJ10Lynda - for 10% off your Technique Junkies purchase. 
 
I will work on my quotes for the year over the next few days and weeks.  

We usually stay home on New Year's eve.  We get comfy, graze on hors 'deouvres and watch a movie or two, then watch the ball descend (when we don't fall asleep and miss it) and FaceTime with the kids.  We join friends for fun and games on New Year's day.

What do you do for New Year's?  Do you make resolutions?  Have any customs or traditions? 

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Anything goes
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting.  May your new year be filled with love, joy, prosperity, and peace.

Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!