Monday, June 15, 2020

Impression Obsession Old Is New

Welcome to IO's Old Is New day.  Today we are featuring some of our older stamp images on our blogs.  Some of my favorite Impression Obsession stamps are the Cover-A-Card line of images.  This is one of my faves...


IO stamps:  
CC382 Sketched Birds
CL492Warm Fuzzies Sentiments

I stamped the Sketched Birds onto Bristol card stock, and colored them with Arteza Everblend alcohol markers.  I used circle dies to die cut the images, and the black border circles for each image.

I adhered the pieces to a white A2 card, with a black layered panel and an aqua layered panel.  I used foam tape to give the card added dimension.

I enjoy challenging myself to find new ways to use my stamps, and thought this was a fun way to use this full-card image stamp.  One of the reasons I love this Cover-A-Card line of IO's stamps!  So many ways to use them!

I stamped the 'I'm so glad there is you' verse from the Warm Fuzzies Sentiments clear set onto a white scrap, and added it to the front.

Inside:  I cut these birds with a larger circle die.

And that's it.  An easy, fun card.  

I just want to share that my hubby and I got to spend the day with our 'kids' and granddaughters at their home in Buffalo today.  It was a glorious day, made better by the fact that, for the first time in over THREE MONTHS, I got to be with them for more than a quick chat across from each other in our cars half way between our cities!  We got to hug and squeeze them, and play games, and laugh.  We were very careful to not be in each other's faces, and when we hugged, we turned our faces outward.  But it felt sooooo good to hold them!!  It was hard to leave, and a few tears were shed, but we're back home now, and I miss them already!

I just had to share that.  I know we are all missing our loved ones.    

Be sure to stop by the IO blog and check out the inspiration from the other designers for our Old Is New feature today.  You can find their blog links HERE.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

Blessings,

CC382 Sketched Birds

CL492Warm Fuzzies Sentiments



1 comment:

  1. Lynda, I'm SO GLAD you showed us your card! NEVER THOUGHT to use the Cover-a-Card Stamp the way you did!!! GENIUS & SO PRETTY!!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!