Saturday, June 6, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Card - A Sweet Friendship

It's the first Saturday of the month, and time for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The optional theme this month is dots and/or stripes.  

My card features both stripes and dots today.

Penny Black stamps/stencil/die
Faith clear set 30-409
Bashful Die 51-008
Dotlets stencil 25-007
iBrush Ink Applicators (brush tipped daubers)

I started with a white panel, and inked some distress ink in lime green lightly on the background.  I also added some white ones, using white pigment ink.  


I used my ibrush Ink Applicators to add green distress inks through the dotless stencil.  I also added some white ones, using white pigment ink.  
I love these brush applicators.  They are daubers, much like the sponge daubers, that fit on your finger, but they are not foam tips, they are BRUSHES!  They are so easy to use to create smooth effects without harsh lines like we sometimes get with the foam applicators. 

I die cut the Bashful daisy die from this panel, then die cut another white daisy, colored it with my ibrush Ink Applicators, and inserted it in the negative area of the die cut in the panel.

I layered all onto a lime green card base, added some striped pp (it was black and white, and I brushed green onto it), and a black cs strip.

Inside, I used the stencil, and the negative part of the daisy die to add color.

And that, my friends, is that.  I love lime and black together, with touches of white.  It's so refreshing and light, especially great for summer cards.

I hope you will join us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  Who knows, you just might with a prize!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Very fresh color combination, a welcome treat. The sentiment is priceless. Thank you for this card smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda
    Stunning card ...love the colour....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card has a wonderful fresh summery feel with your choice of colours, Lynda! Super eye-catching! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!