Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Couple of Flower Themed ATC's

I made a couple of ATC's to share for the Technique Junkies Challenge this month.  The challenge is to make a flower themed Artist Trading Card.  You can enter as often as you like, and you have until June 10th.  The prize is a $25 gift certificate to Technique Junkies.  You must use Technique Junkies to be eligible for a prize, but can use any stamps to play.  So, come on over and join us HERE for the challenge. 

These are my two inspiration cards to get you started....(details of each below)


Several people have inquired about ATC's...what are they, what do you do with them, what are the dimensions, rules, etc?  So, I thought I would answer these questions.

-ATC's are Artist Trading Cards.  They are tiny little works of art.  
-They are created on card stock, watercolor paper, bristol, just about anything that can be stamped on, painted, or drawn on.  
-The dimensions of an ATC are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  
-You can use any medium you desire on an ATC.  There are really no rules, except the size.
- There are ATC challenges online and at many stamp stores.  Also swaps and even Facebook groups.  
-Some people and groups trade their ATC's.  Others just collect them, and organize them in photo albums, journals, etc.  They can also be incorporated into cards.  I have needed a card on occasion, quickly, because that's how I roll, and have attached one of my finished ATC's to a card front, added some script and/or background, and Voila!  Five minute card! 

Now...onto how I made my two ATC's....
Stamps:  Technique Junkies Calendula
              Technique Junkies Van Gogh's Letter

I stamped a portion of the Calendula stamp onto a white card stock ATC with Memento black ink.  I colored it with Copic markers.  For the background, I used Copics for the blue, and distress ink to stamp parts of the VanGogh's Letter stamp intermittently.  
I added a narrow strip of black card stock, and a strip of black and white striped patterned paper over it.
In the centers of the flower, I added some tiny black beads with Ranger multi-medium glue.
CLOSE UP OF DETAIL & BEADS
 Card two....
STAMPS:  Technique Junkies VanGogh's Letter
              Technique Junkies Growing Wild

On white bristol ATC-sized card stock, I used Distress Oxide inks to create my background.  When dry, I black-embossed a portion of the Growing Wild stamp.  Then I stamped portions of the VanGogh's letter in blue intermittently on the background.  A few dots of purple Stickles add some dimension and glitter, and a shimmery bit of purple metallic embroidery floss make a pretty shiny bow to tie it up!

That's it.  Hope you will join us in this fun challenge this month.  If you do some shopping in the Technique Junkies store, be sure to use my code TJ10Lynda to get 10% off your entire purchase!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, those are both gorgeous! I love the depth and richness of color you achieved. Thank you for explaining how you created them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!