Thursday, May 10, 2018

Caught A Bug?

Today I'm posting another card from my DT stint on Splitcoaststampers.  We could not publish our cards for the Dirty Dozen Design Team outside of the SCS Fan Club until six months after they were posted there.  So...here's another of my October, 2017 cards....
Card front

Card INSIDE
A get-well card for someone who has caught a 'bug.' I started with cream card stock for the main card base.  I added the leaf vine die (don't know who it is...had it in my stash). I stamped and water colored the pieces of the Altenew Get Well Soon set, with distress inks, fussy-cut them, and adhered them with foam tape. Stamped the phrases (same set) with India Ink Black, and distress ink. Some Glossy Accents give the jar dimension and texture, and make it look like glass in real life. I stamped elements from the set inside the card, as well. 



The Dirty Dozen challenge at the time this was initally posted on SCS was 'creepy crawlies.'  I thought of the 'bug' in 'caught a bug.'  A little stretch, but it fit the theme.

I won't be posting these on any challenges, as they had technically been posted previously, although for a very limited viewing audience.

Now...on a personal note...our two new granddogs, Lexi and Luna....
I just have to share - Our daughter and family adopted these two little....teeny-tiny rescue dogs on Sunday.  They are little Yorkies.  They had been abused, and were going to be put down, so she took them in.  Dempsey, grand dog number one, the king and ruler of the house prior to their coming, has accepted them and 'tolerates' them.  But he is a good big brother. 

Needless to say, this Nana is head over heels for these little girls.  

Thanks so much for visiting.  I appreciate you stopping by and sharing your comments.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. wow what a fabulous get well card! That is sure to cheer up the recipient. We have an Australian Silkie, which is a bigger version of the Yorkie. They are so adorable and cuddly! How lucky for these 2 cuties to be able to receive some kindness after their terrible experiences .

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!