Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Azalea Beauty

For today's card, I used Magenta's Azalea stamp.  I love, love, love this stamp.  
I stamped the Azalea onto watercolor paper, using antique linen distress ink so the lines would dissolve into the watercoloring to achieve a no-line look.
I watercolored the image, then touched it up with colored pencils.  I watercolored the soft background, then lightly stamped (stamping ink off onto scrap paper first) some images from Magenta that were in my stash.  Unfortunately, I do not have the names of these images, as I had unmounted them some years ago, and neglected to write the names.

When all was dry, I fussy-cut the image along the right side so that some of the petal was off the panel.


I used some Magenta decorative paper to cover a white A2 card, then a piece of maruyama mesh over the right side.  I added the stamped panel over this, and a metal Happy Birthday accent from some old Magenta stash, (which I colored with my copper leafing pen) for the verse .


I used some droplet embellishments for a little more texture and a touch of shine.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

House of Cards Challenge  - Birthday theme and/or colors
Simon Says Wednesday - Bling it on
Tuesday Throwdown - Add some texture
Time Out Challenges - Inspiration pic  

 
I am enjoying the cooler weather here.  I do love my fall/autumn everything!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visits, and your comments.

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stamp - I can see why you love it so much- and your no line water colouring is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring of the flower is stunning, absolutely stunning! Thank you for entering your project in the challenge at House of Cards. I hope we see you for the newest challenge too Karen DT House of Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make a beautiful birthday present! Love how detailed and gorgeous your azalea looks! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!