Saturday, September 15, 2018

Holiday Berries

Merry Christmas!  I know, I know, it's NOT Christmas.  It's not even technically fall here is the good ol' USA!  But, it feels like fall and winter in my craft room.  My fall stamps and mediums are keeping me busy, and Christmas projects abound.  
Today's project is this card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month.  The theme is always Anything Goes...and today's optional is a sketch.  Since I've been busy creating Christmas cards, I decided to omit the optional this time around.....
I used Penny Black stamps Berry Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays for the image and verse, and Damask and Letter Background for the background stamping. 

I created the background by sponging festive berries, candied apple, and spun sugar distress ink onto watercolor paper, and adding some water to create a watercolor feel.  When dry, I stamped the background stamps lightly with brushed corduroy distress ink.

I stamped the berries using my Misti.  I inked the berries carefully, using the same colors distress ink mini pads and wiping up stray ink with a cotton swab.  Then spritzed and stamped.  I repeated until I achieved the desired look.

I stamped the verse with my Ranger archival potting soil ink pad.  Some distressing along the edge, and mounting with craft foam for dimension onto a pink card base finish off the card.  I used white acrylic ink mixed with a little water to flick on the 'snow flakes.'

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Craft Stamper Challenge - Anything goes
Cards In Envy - Fruits of your labor
Tuesday Throwdown  - One layer
Watercooler Wednesday - All about occasions
Penny Black Facebook Page Challenge  - Creative Christmas Challenge

Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate your visit, and your comments.


Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. Well, Lynda, it may technically be the end of summer but Mother Nature slipped up and sent us snow this week. I was not impressed.

    Love the wonderful results of your one-layer stamping. Those Penny Black stamps combine beautifully. The berries really make me think of the birds feasting on the abundance, left on some trees and bushes. Gorgeous colours, too. This is a stunning card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, what a GORGEOUS card! I so appreciate your sharing the steps you took to create your card. Your brushstroke cards always delight me, and I love the beautiful background stamps you've added. It's never too early for Christmas cards. For the tie time, I have been doing the Fan Club/Dirty Dozen Christmas Challenge and have been making cards each month. I still need more and want to try to do a brushstroke and will definitely visit your gallery for help! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent, sweet friend! You are such an artist! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just love this gorgeous card, Lynda! There are so many amazing elements to add to the beautiful effect. Thanks so much for joining us Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning!!!! gorgeous card!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, the colour looks amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!