Tuesday, February 12, 2019

30 Day Color Challenge Day 12

Hello lovely peeps!  It's been a snowy, icy weather day, so I've been indoors, cooking and stamping!  I love to do both, and days like today cooking and stamping seems to help with the winter doldrums.  I'm still at it this evening, to get my Day 12 entry in for The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge.  And here's what I worked on this evening....
This is one of those cards that was 'oh so fun' to make.  I love nothing more than playing with my inks, with total abandon.  I just pulled out my distress ink pads and some stamps and stencil, and went to it. 

The stamps are from Stampers Anonymous, Wildflowers CMS253, Tim Holtz collection.  The stencil is also Stampers Anonymous, Wildflower THS035, Tim Holtz collection.  The verse stamp is from Divinity Designs, and is one of my very favorite verses from the Bible.

I just splashed some wild honey distress ink onto pre-spritzed Arteza watercolor paper, and used my Arteza waterbrush to move the color around.  When dry, I stamped the flowers with distress inks in various pinks and oranges, and greens.  I filled in some areas with stenciled flowers as well.  I used lots of water when I spritzed the stamps before stamping, so I could get the loosy-goosy painterly look.  I spritzed more water as needed to the panel.   I love the running ink and fading images this creates.

When dry, I stamped the verse with Nocturne VersaFine Claire ink.  A few sequins finish the card front, which I've attached to a black A2 card.

I kept the inside simple with a small watercolor paper panel with the same wild honey distressing, and wild honey stenciling of some of the flowers.  The verse is from Simon Says Stamp Prayers clear set.
In addition to the 30 Day Color Challenge, I am adding my card to these challenges:
The Flower Challenge - Use your latest dies/stamps
The Library Challenge - The Note (from God!)
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Feminine Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes

That's a wrap for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and comments.

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. What an inspiring card, Lynda. The sentiment is so comforting and the artwork so beautifully crafted. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring card, Lynda. The sentiment is so comforting and the artwork so beautifully crafted. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty Lynda!Loving your beautiful softly watercoloured flowers and the verse is so lovely too. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those watercolour flowers are incredibly pretty. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!