Monday, February 18, 2019

IO Die-Cut Obsession - Fir Trees



Dies are in the spotlight today on the Impression-Obsession blog.     I have a couple of cards to share with you, which use the Fir Trees DIE084-V.  I used the dies a couple of different ways. 

Card 1:
On my first card,  I smooshed distress inks onto some Strathmore bristol card stock.  I added Technique Junkies' Harvest Sunset Shimmering Bliss, and smooshed again.  When dry, I cut it down to A2 size, and distressed the edges, and put it aside to dry.

I die-cut two of each tree from the Fir Trees DIE084-V set from Canson XL watercolor paper, and painted them using darker distress inks, and a bit more Shimmering Bliss.  I also cut some from some gold paper I've been hoarding, and some shimmery white vellum, as I wanted to brighten it up a bit.


I arranged the die-cut trees on the panel, attached the verse Gentle Thoughts C13767, then attached the whole shebang to an A2 card.  

I added some splatters of the Shimmering Bliss spray by putting some on my palette, then flicking it on with a brush.



And here is the inside of this first card....

 





Card 2:
I die-cut the trees Fir Trees DIE084-V from a piece of acetate to use as stencils and masks.  I rubbed Caran D'Ache Neocolor II watercolor crayons, in shades of green and blue, onto watercolor paper.  I added water, and used a water brush to activate the crayons to manipulate the colors.  

 



When dry, I placed the acetate sheet from which I'd cut the dies onto the panel.  I dampened a towel lightly, and dabbed and rubbed through the opening, removing some of the crayon color from the piece, repeating intermittently on the piece.  Then I placed the acetate die itself onto the panel, and sponged some color around it.  I added more intense color through the opening in the acetate again, and sprayed blue and green Shimmering Bliss through the openings, as well. 

 

A final spritz of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist gave the whole panel an intensely sparkly, shimmering finish.  The Glimmer Mist doesn't add color, just amazing shimmer, so the colors shine through.  I wish you could see this in real life!

 I added a panel that I had completed in the same fashion, on which I stamped the IO verse, Art of God C5055 with VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink. 

And for the inside:
 





We are really having fun with these Monday projects for your inspiration.  
Be sure to check out the other designers' blogs for more die inspiration.  Details are on the IO blog HERE.  


  
 

IO dies and stamps:
Fir Trees DIE084-V
Gentle Thoughts C13767
Art of God C5055


Caran d'Ache Watercolor Crayons 
http://shrsl.com/1gb0t
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are finding lots of ideas from our cards and projects.  

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a great technique to use with these fir tree dies! The results are fabulous. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!