Monday, February 11, 2019

Impression-Obsesson Old Is New



Welcome to Old Is New, where designers from Impression-Obsession highlight some of our previously released stamps. My card is below, and you can find the other designers' posts at the Impression-Obsession blog.


Impression-Obsession stamps:
CAC Fancy Leaves CC224 
Hope Is Faith C20638 
Gentle Thoughts C13767

In my Misti, with the CAC Fancy Leaves CC224 background, I inked it with distress ink mini pads, varying colors of green intermittently.  I generously spritzed the inked background with water from my mister, and stamped it onto Arteza watercolor paper.    I set this panel aside to dry.

On a soft green A2 card, I stamped the Hope Is Faith C20638 verse a bit down from the top, using green Ranger archival ink.   


With the background panel I had prepared, I trimmed it so that I had two pieces.  The first piece was about 1/3 the size of the card; the second piece a little less than half the size of the card.  I lined each piece with craft foam, and added them to the card, letting the verse show through the space between the panels. 


On the inside of the card, I added a strip of the piece left over from when I trimmed the front panel.  I stamped the
Gentle Thoughts verse with the same green archival ink as I used on the front.


I hope you are enjoying our Old Is New days, and have found some inspiration to use your older stamps.  Why not join us, and give some love to your older IO stamps.  We would love to see what you do with it.  Then use your card for our 'In The Pink' Challenge.  There are still a few days left, and you just might win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression-Obsession store.

While I had this amazing Cover-A-Card background stamp out, I created two more cards.  I thought it would be fun to use the same stamp, with the same distress inks, but with different techniques.  With this one, I used lots of water on the inked image, giving it a painterly loose watercolor look, which I'm partial to.

I will post the other two cards tomorrow, as it's very late, and I didn't want this post to be too long.  On one I created a more controlled watercolor look, and added other background stamps to the mix.  On the third, I did the no-line coloring technique with colored pencils.  

UPDATE:  I posted the other two cards this morning in my blog post HERE if you would like to see the three different looks from the one stamp.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop by the other designers' posts at the Impression-Obsession blog for more ideas.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted To Stamps - Make your mark
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
The Library Challenge - The Note - inspired by the title....color notes in the leaves, and, of course, the note of faith in the verse
Watercooler Challenge - Feminine anything goes
Word Art Wednesday 
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge - Day 11 

Blessings,


4 comments:

  1. I love it that you created the inside! I always think that adds a special touch but I don't always do it!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those variagated leaves -very pretty. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card....those leaves are simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 cards are most beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!