Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Littlest Birds

Hello peeps!  I'm winding down my Sunday with some relaxing stamping and card making.  Today's card was inspired by a poster challenge on Splitcoaststampers.
So, as you can see, this is a CAS card.  I challenged myself to make a card on the SCS challenge, and to make it a clean and simple card.  It is very difficult for me to leave so much white space, but I'm kinda proud that I was able to do it.  One layer, and CAS!  Wow, score one for me!

I used Impression-Obsession stamps:
Bird Variety Set WP921 
Little Songbird Set CL931 
Cover-A-Card Music CC-029 
And:
Daniel Smith Watercolors 
Strathmore Bristol Vellum Paper 
Silver Black Velvet brush 
Tim Holtz distress inks

On a white bristol A2 size card front, I stamped the bird from the Bird Variety Set WP921, using Memento rich cocoa ink.  I proceeded to water color the bird with my Daniel Smith Watercolors.  I took my time, layering my colors.  I did keep the card in my Misti as I painted, and when I finished painting, and it was dry, I stamped over it again to bring back some of the details that had gotten faded from the water.

I made a mask for the bird, and brushed on some TH distress inks in worn lipstick and abandoned coral mixed together.  I also inked a portion of the Cover-A-Card Music CC-029 and stamped off to remove some of the intensity, then stamped on the card in the corner where the ink blending and bird are.  

I stamped the verse from the Little Songbird Set CL931 next to the bird with the same Memento ink I had stamped in.

INSIDE
For the inside, I added a soft pink panel.  I sponged some ink, stamped the music, and the chirp, chirp and tweet, tweet from the Little Songbird Set CL931 set.


I refrained from going back and adding more to the front, or even embellishing it.  I do like it, I have to admit.  It is just really difficult for me to do it!  I really did have fun with it!









I am adding my card to these challenges:

The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge
Casology  - Wave (wavy verse)
Crafty Creations - Anything goes
The Library Challenge - The Note (music notes)
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Feminine anything goes
Pile It On - Pretty in pink
AAA Cards Challenge - One corner, optional twist: music

So, that's a wrap, peeps.  I will see you back here tomorrow for Impression-Obsession's Die-Cut Obsession Day.  I have two cards from one die set for you tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping in.  I hope you had a relaxing weekend, and I wish you a very safe and healthy and happy week ahead.

Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. Wow.. now that's some lovely music on a card! What a lovely take on the challenge, Lynda. Thank you for playing along at AAA Cards with this stunner. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your bird and card are very pretty so there must be some beautiful music going on in your house! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the subtle colour on this card - so pretty. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bird is so pretty and I love the soft colors you used. Great CAS card! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love the sentiment!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!