Monday, February 25, 2019

Impression-Obsession Old Is New - Blueberry Blessings

Welcome to Impression-Obsessions Old-Is-New Day!  We are featuring some of our older stamps and giving them some love a couple of times a month.  I have a card for your inspiration today.  You can see the other designer's cards on the blog link below.

Now for my card for your inspiration today....
Impression-Obsession stamps:
Berry Stem G16362 
Blessing Brush Words WP863 
CAC French Text CC151 

I decided my berries would be blueberries, because I just love, love, love blueberries!  I eat them almost every day with my breakfast.

I stamped the  Berry Stem onto watercolor card stock, and water colored it with Daniel Smith water colors.  When the panel was dry, I added shadows and highlights with my Polychromos colored pencils.  


For the background, I created masks for the berries and leaves, then brushed on some distress ink, and stamped the 
CAC French Text.  I just love these Cover-A-Card background stamps.  I use them so much.  Before stamping it over the brushed background, I 'stamped off' onto scrap paper so the ink was softer.  

I added the phrase using the Blessing Brush Words  stamp set.  This set has fabulous words in it, and many ways to join them together, or use alone.  I love the script!

A sheer ribbon and bow, with some shimmery sequins finish the front.  
Inside of card

I kept the inside simple, with just some stamping and color brushing. 

I hope you enjoyed my card.  Don't forget to visit the other design team members.  You can get links to their blogs HERE, on the Impression-Obsession blog.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge - Clear or rubber stamps
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. I am a fan of blueberry eating as well - actually we have a blueberry festival here every year - lovely watercolor work and I agree - background stamps are the best! Thank you for linking up at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a WOW!! card. The blues just pop right out. You made a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card. I also like the subtle background of text behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully designed and crafted. Yay for blueberries, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!