Thursday, April 4, 2019

Impression-Obsession Challenge - Birthday Wishes


Welcome to the Impression-Obsession Challenge.  The theme this time is 'Birthday Wishes.'   I have lots of birthdays coming up, so this is the perfect theme.

Stamps:

I stamped the Spring Bouquet image onto Arteza watercolor paper, and painted it with Daniel Smith watercolors.  I kept the water coloring very loose and 'watercolory.'  I think I just invented a word.  I wanted to the look to be casual and free, not necessarily realistic.  I was in the mood for a light, airy look. 
I fussy-cut the image, and added it to a blue panel.  Before adding the image, I ran the panel through my Cuttlebug in a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I love the embossed leaves in the background.  I added the image with foam tape to give it extra dimension.
I stamped the 'Celebrating you' sentiment, from the Life Stuff Sentiments set, onto white card stock.  I cut it out and distressed the edges with distress ink, then added it to the card.
I wrapped a ribbon with a bow around the panel, before attaching it to a green A2 card front.  A few Studio Katia crystal gems add just the right finishing touch.  I wanted the focus to be on the beautiful bouquet and vase, so used very little in the way of accents.
On the inside, I colored a portion of the image and fussy-cut it and added it with some card stock strips, and hand drawn swirls to mimic the swirls on the vase.  The 'Happy birthday' is from the Life Stuff Sentiments.  I blocked off the 'to you' when I inked it.
I hope you will join us and play along in this challenge.  Who knows, you just might win the $25 gift certificate to the Impression-Obsession store!

Need more inspiration?  Check out the projects by the other designers on the IO blog post HERE.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Seize The Birthday  - Spring
Paper Funday Challenge - Anything goes - optional Easter
Tuesday Throwdown - Pastel colors
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes feminine


Thanks so much for stopping in today.  I appreciate your visits and your comments.

Blessings,

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lynda. I'm partial to blue so your embossed background for your floral cut is a hit with me. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a feminine and beautiful birthday card! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design and I love the wonderful colors on your pretty birthday card. Beautiful ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lynda - stunning card. That fussy cutting and embossed background really provides texture and depth to your card. I love how you've finished the car off with the stamping on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card -- love the bg embossing too. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love your textured background and fabulous ribbon. Perfect for our spring challenge. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A totally beautiful card Lynda. All that beautiful fussy cutting was so worth it. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! The EF and ribbon look amazing too! So happy you played along at Seize the Birthday and I hope you will be back again soon! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!