Monday, April 8, 2019

Old Is New At Impression-Obsession - Yesterday Is A Memory

It's time for another Old Is New day at Impression-Obsession.  
I'm back with a card featuring a couple of older stamps.  IO designers have been busy creating cards featuring some of IO's older stamps.  You can see the other designer's cards from the link below.



Stamps:  Bird E7716
              Yesterday C4516
              Silhouette 18 (leaves)

I used my Misti to stamp the bird stamp onto Canson XL water color paper, using antique linen distress ink.  I added other browns from the mini distress ink pads, building the colors up as I kept stamping.  I gave the stamps a fine mist of water between some of the stampings.  I manipulated the color with a water color brush.  When I had the colors built up to my desired look, I moved on to the leaves.

I stamped the leaves in the same fashion, adding greens gradually to build up the colors and intensity. 

When the stamping was dry, I added more color, shading, and highlights with Polychromos colored pencils.  I deepened colors in some areas, added some hints of other colors elsewhere.

The verse is one of my favorites from the oldies stamps.  I am a Kahlil Gibran fan, so I like to use  stamps that have his throught-provoking quotes.  I stamped the verse with Memento rich cocoa ink, using my Misti so I could repeat the stamping until the words were clear.  Water color paper has lots of texture, so the Misti is a must when stamping verses on it.

I distressed around the edges of the panel to soften the scene and draw the eye in.  I wrapped some twine around the panel, and tied in some tiny feathers, securing them with glue dots.  Then I layered it onto green textured card stock, the onto a kraft card, using craft foam for dimension.

And for the inside:

I hope you like my card, and these lovely stamps.  Be sure to visit the other designer's blogs for more inspiring ideas using your older IO stamps.  You can get to their blogs from HERE, on the Impression-Obsession blog.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Animal antics
Paperfunday Challenge - Anything goes - optional Easter



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visits and comments.  I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Blessings,
  

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous Lynda, love the use of the pencils to add depth of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love it.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!