Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bashful

As you are seeing this post, I am on a four day retreat.  I'm hoping for a relaxing, refreshing, spirit-filled four days.  I plan to do some hiking, contemplation, Bible journaling, drawing, and Zentangle.  I did bring some pre-stamped cards to color, but did not bring all my stamping supplies.  My 'other' art supplies took up an entire 'roll-along' craft caddy!  lol.  Then there's my clothes, toiletries, yadda, yadda.  And, of course, some knitting and Sudoku...two things that go everywhere with me.

Now, on to my card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge mid-day reminder.....
I used the die Bashful 51-008, the stamp is from the Special Thoughts 30-338 clear set, and the stencil is Leaf Frolic 24-019.  What a fabulous combination of three different products.  I think it would be fun to see just how many ways I could combine these three elements to create different cards.  Hmmmm...I think I see a challenge coming up!  lol.

So...for my card, I started with a piece of Strathmore smooth bristol card.  I distressed it lightly with Tim Holtz distress ink in a light green, then placed the Leaf Frolic stencil over it and brushed more color through it to create a leaf/vine filled background.

Next, I die-cut several of the Bashful flowers, and brushed distress inks over each, some on the fronts and some on the backs, so that my flowers would be facing different directions.  With the negative part of one of the cuts, I used it as a stencil, and sponged colors over it to intermittently ink lightly colored, faint images of the flowers in the background, to give the idea of dimension.  I placed the die cut flowers over this background.  

To finish the front, I added some tea die distress ink along the edges, and some spatters.  I created a panel with the verse from the Special Thoughts set, distressed it, and added it with foam tape.  

Inside:  Just three little flowers stenciled with the same colors, and a bit of splatters.  Because I just had to.  


I hope you like my card, and have been inspired to join us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month.  Who knows, you just might win a gift certificate!  Can't win if you don't play.  The theme is Anything Goes with optional 'Make your own background.'

I am adding my card to these challenges: 
Addicted To Stamps - Anything goes
Penny Black At Allsorts - Feminine anything goes

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and comments.  

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Lynda - so pretty!
    Hope you're enjoying the retreat!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!