Thursday, May 30, 2019

Hello Rooster

Cock-a-doodle-doo and greetings to you all.  Today I have another card for the Impression-Obsession Challenge Feathered Friends.  
Stamps:
Rooster WP938
LaChantecler H23031
Other:  Arteza Real Brush Markers
            Arteza FineLiner Pens

How I made it:

I had fun creating the background for this card.  I laid down some pigment from the Arteza Real Brush Markers in random spashes onto a glass mat, then spritzed it with water from my fine mist sprayer.  
I then dabbed a panel of bristol paper into the color splashes, and repeated until I had reached the desired coverage on my panel.  

When that had dried, I lightly stamped the wire mesh from the Rooster set onto the background, intermittently.  I adhered the panel to an A2 card front.

On another panel, I stamped the LaChantecler image, and distressed the edges, then added it to the background. 
Next, I stamped the rooster from the Rooster set onto another panel, and colored him with my Arteza FineLiner Pens.   I love these pens for their brilliance and their very fine tips, which make it easy to color itty-bitty areas.   I fussy-cut him, and added him to the panel.

Lastly, I stamped the verse from the same set.




 
INSIDE:  I stamped another rooster from the same set, inking it with my Arteza markers, then stamping it.  I drew a box to create a space for a message.



That's it.
You still have time to join us for the IO Feathered Friends Challenge.  You have until June 4th at 7 PM central time to enter.  
Who knows, you just might win a $25 Impression-Obsession gift certificate!  Full details and rules are on the IO blog post HERE.



I am adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  - Anything goes
Time Out Challenges - Inspiration photo (I went with the bright colors)
 


Thanks for stopping by today.  I enjoy your visits and comments.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring of the rooster & such a strikingly gorgeous card! Glad you joined the Time Out Challenge where I've had fun as the GD! You've made me remember to get going on my IO entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love that rooster! So cool in rainbow colors. And I equally love the background you created! Such a great card. Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colourful French rooster is so majestic against the word background, Lynda ... love how you took the design to the inside of your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!