Thursday, May 9, 2019

Yellow & Blue Impression-Obsession Color Challenge

Welcome to the Impression-Obsession Yellow & Blue Challenge!  
All details about this challenge are on the IO post HERE, along with links to the other designer's posts so you can see their projects.  For my card, I used two of the new Summer Release stamps.
Fishies CL958
Dream In Colors

I have a stencil in my stash that has four sections of animal prints.  I chose the zebra print section and created a background panel.  I brushed on some blue Tim Holtz distress ink, then I stenciled more of the ink onto the background with the zebra panel.  I thought this kind of looked like water ripples, so I went with it.

I stamped the Fishies CL958 onto some scraps, colored them with Polychromos, then fussy-cut them and added them to the background panel with foam tape.  I stamped the verse Dream In Colors D12022 with VersaFine Claire nocturne ink.

I added the panel to a blue card front with foam tape for additional dimension, adding a yellow strip down the side.  Some sparkling crystals finish the front.

Inside:  I just stamped some of the Fishies, leaving room for a note, and added some strips of the blue and yellow card stock.

Won't you join us in this challenge?  You have until May 21st to enter your card/s.  Who knows, you may just win a $25 Impression-Obsession gift certificate to the IO store!  AND, if you win, your card will be featured on the IO blog!  Hope to see you at the challenge!

Need more inspiration?  Check out the other amazing designer's projects HERE!

I am adding my card to these challenges:
The Library Challenge - All Creatures Great & Small
Little Red Wagon - Sketch challenge

I hope you like my card, and found some inspiration here.  I will be looking for you over at the IO blog in the challenge!

Blessings,
 

7 comments:

  1. Adorable card!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT!!! LOVE how you created the water on your card! SO CREATIVE, Lynda! AND those little fishy appreciate it too! ;) A SUPER JOB! :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, this is totally awesome - inside and out ! Great take with our Sketch Challenge this week @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading an interiors magazine yesterday, which said that blue and yellow is the hot new colour combo! I love this fishy scene and the little water drops. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute with the wonderful fish and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a lovely comment advising me I won the challenge! This card is so cute! I’ve had my eye on those little fishies. :)
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Lynda, love the waves and great use of the colors

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!