Saturday, July 20, 2019

Blue Pear

My card today is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes with the option of food or drink. Hope you'll join us this month.  Who knows, you just might win a gift certificate from our sponsor, 1,2,3 Stitch!  Come on over and play with us!

I recently saw a sign for a little shop called 'The Blue Pear.'  I loved that name, and was inspired by it to create, well, a blue pear!  So, here it is...
Penny Black stamps:  Perfect Pear 40-493, Faith 30-409


I used the Misti to stamp the pear, stamping it with a very pale blue mini distress ink pad.  I added deeper and deeper blue-green colors gradually, building up the colors to create depth and dimension with each stamping.  This is one of my favorite techniques with the Misti.  



I added further depth with colored pencils.




For the background, I used a cotton makeup square to apply pastel chalk in the rust color.  

I added some of my favorite PB background designs and script, then added the verse from the Faith clear set, stamping it with Ranger Archival ink in sepia.




Inside:
 

I am adding my card to these challenges:

The Library Challenge - Be inspired by book name or colors (I went with colors)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make your own background
Penny Black At Allsorts - Summer colors - blue (ocean) and brown (beach) - both say summer to me!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your comments.

Blessings,

7 comments:

  1. beautiful Linda, love the blue pear and amazing background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an artfully created card, Lynda. The blue pear image is beautifully colored. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of that shop really did inspire you to create a beautiful piece of artwork Lynda, totally striking with the bold aqua colour against the sepia, a real stunner. Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More July challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation with the great seaside inspired colors. Perfect for our Summer Colors theme at Penny Black and More challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - and I agree a great name for a shop and you have done it justice - could you imagine this on a sign hanging outside their shop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful contrasting colours on a very peaceful card. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this beautiful card very much. Martina - Visiting Librarian

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!