Thursday, July 25, 2019

Impression-Obsesson Challenge - Hot Colors

Welcome to Impression-Obsession's HOT COLORS Challenge!  You can find links to all the designer's challenge posts, as well as details about the challenge, on the Impression-Obsession blog HERE.

For my card, I went with the hottest colors of summer....
Silhouette Kitties WP981
Long Berry Branch E20765
Eucalyptus Stem D20752
Cup of Sweet Succulents CL755 (verse) 

I created the hot background on watercolor paper by masking off the moon with a circle die cut, then used ink applicators to add red, orange and yellow distress oxides inks, building up the intensity until I was happy.

I used my Misti to stamp the cat and plant images with VersaFine Claire nocturne ink.  Since my paper was textured, I like to use the Misti to be able to stamp an image as many times as it takes to get full coverage.

I removed the mask, added some light yellow ink over the circle, and layered the panel onto a black card.

That's it....easy-peasy!  I hope you will join us in this challenge.  Pull out your hot colors, and come on over and play.  You have until August 6th to enter your card/s.  Who knows, you just might win a gift certificate to the Impression-Obsession store!  

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Your background looks GREAT with this kitty image! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, this card is hot in so many ways! The colors for the scene are like a heat wave. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my very favorite ways of using the hot colors. Those silhouette images look gorgeous against the background.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!