Saturday, November 16, 2019

Distress Ink and Colored Pencil With Stencil

Happy Saturday!  I hope your weekend is off to a good start!  I have a card to share with you today using a Penny Black stencil and stamp.  This card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge mid-way inspiration post. The theme this month is Anything Goes, with optional 'tags.'
Penny Black products links:
Stencil - Luster 25-013
Stamp - Faith 30-409 (stamp set)

http://shrsl.com/1y86r
I used the Luster stencil on a die cut tag from natural card stock.  I placed the stencil on the tag, and used my ink blending brush to add some antique linen distress ink.  This gave me a light image.


I used Polychromos colored pencils in three shades of browns and ivory to go over the images, adding color, depth, and highlights.  I distressed the edges of the tag.  See my note below regarding a video demonstration on this technique.

On the second tag die cut, I put the tag through my die cut machine with the stencil and a rubber mat, thereby embossing the image onto the tag.  I was really pleased with how easily this embossed onto the card stock tag!

On a 4 1/2 x 6" card of natural card stock (I distressed one edge), I added a strip of brown card stock, and the tags with foam tape.


And for the inside, I simply brushed some light color through the stencil, added a strip of card stock, and stamped the verse from the Faith set:
This is what the front looked like, only a bit lighter, before I added the colored pencil details.

I hope you like my card.  I decided to keep it neutral, which is different for me.  I really like color.  But I decided to try something a little different.

If there is some interest, I will be happy to create a YouTube how-to video on my technique.  Please let me know in the comment section if you would be interested in seeing that.

If you haven't seen the DT inspiration at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge post today, be sure to hop on over there to see the amazing talent of the team.  And, I hope you will join us and play along.  You just might win a prize!  And if you would like to be featured as a guest designer on a future post, just add GDT after your name on your entry.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted To Stamps  - Make your mark
Double D Challenges - Neutral fall
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 

Thanks for stopping by.  I do appreciate your visits and comments.

Blessings,


4 comments:

  1. This double tag card is very appealing and I love ht inside too. I like the bold use of color on the outside stencil and the softer color in the inside. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge "Neutral Fall". Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the vintage "look" of the tags. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda
    These are stunning ... I have that Stencil... didn't think touse those colours ... must give it a try
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Lyn ... would love to see a you tube on it
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!