Saturday, November 2, 2019

Penny Black Birthday Tag Card

It's time for this month's Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme is always Anything Goes.  The optional extra this month is 'tags.'  Here is my card...
Stamps:  Gentle Whisper 40-331
              Gratitude (verse inside) 

For my tag, I placed a panel of Canson recycled bristol into my Misti.  I used Arteza Real Brush markers to add color and stamped it.  I repeated stamping, using different shades, until I reached the depth of color I was going for.
 
I used a die from my stash to cut a tag, letting the petal on the right sneak beyond the border of the tag.  I added the happy birthday verse (from an older PB critter stamp set), and some spatters.

For the background piece, I used a panel I had created from an experiment.  I had a sheet of plain printer paper under some of my work when doing some inking techniques with distress inks and Perfect Pearls.  I thought it looked kind of pretty, so I added more of the inks and pearls, spritzed it with water, and wadded it up, then opened it.  I repeated this, being careful not to get it too wet and tear the paper, then dried it with a heat tool.  I used an iron to flatten the piece.  I use parts of it for backgrounds on cards, and did so on this card.

Inside
I added that background to a green A2 card front, then added my tag with foam tape.

Inside, I stamped the verse, and stamped the full image of the stamp I used on the front, using gray distress ink, which I had 'stamped off' for a light, second generation image.
This is the full image of the stamp.  For the tag on front of the card, I just inked the top, flower portion, and stamped it upside-down.  It looks like a different stamp.  I love when I can get more than one look from my stamps.



Here is another card I had made a long while back using the same card, and here is the link to that post.



If you would be interested in seeing a tutorial on this technique, let me know in the comments, and if there is interest, I will do a YouTube video tutorial.  

In four days my stitches will be removed from my surgery on my broken wrist, and I'm hopeful I can soon have use of my hand again...without pain!

I am off to watch my granddaughter's hockey game today.  She's on a travel hockey team, and today they are playing in our city.  I love watching them play!

I hope you will join the fun at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  You just might win a gift certificate to our sponsor, 1,2,3 Stitch!  If you would like to be a future guest designer on the challenge blog, just add 'GDT' after your name on your entry.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  I will be back tomorrow with a fun card to get you in the mood for Christmas card making.

Blessings,
 

3 comments:

  1. One of my fave PB stamps and I love the partial image on the tag! Beautiful cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Lynda, I'm sorry to hear you broke your wrist! I hope you find you've fully recovered soon! Your tag and the way you turned it into a card is fantastic! I love the way you did the Misti coloring and the background you made! And your earlier card is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!