Saturday, November 9, 2019

Friendship Blooms Art Impressions Watercolor Challenge Card

Today I made this card for the Art Impressions 'Couple Cards' challenge.
I haven't played with my AI Watercolor series stamps in a while, so I thought I would use some of the little critters for my 'couple' card for the Art Impressions challenge this time.  These little bunnies are darling, and my story is that they are a couple.  They remind me of the bunnies that came to visit my garden this past season.  Now that it's getting colder, and snowing, we don't see them.


I used Art Impressions stamps from several of the watercolor series, including:
Bunnies Set
WC Containers
WC Foliage Set 2
WC Flower Set 4052
WC Flower Set 22 4868
WC Branches Set
WC Sentiments Set

I used the process that Bonnie Krebs teaches in her videos.  You can find a very basic video HERE to show the process.  I really enjoy this unique watercolor process.  It is easy to learn, takes only a few supplies, and doesn't look like a stamped card.  It looks as though it is watercolored without stamping.

I added a couple of steps to my card; some distress inking around the edges, and instead of water coloring the sky, I used chalk pastels, applied with a cotton makeup cleaning pad.

And, here's the inside to my card....
I am adding my card to these challenges:
Art Impressions Challenge - #270 Couple Cards
Craft Stamper Magazine - Anything goes
Addicted To Stamps - anything goes
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Thinking of you

As our beautiful fall season gives way to snow and cold, my garden is stark and colorless.  I love stamping, especially with watercolor, to bring some color into my days.  I tend to draw inward more during the winter season, and enjoy cozy evenings and spending time with family and friends.  

I love to share my art, and hope you are inspired by it.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lynda :-) the image is so cute and your watercolouring is fabulous, I love how you finished the inside too, so beautifully done :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Your watercolouring looks amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! This is gorgeous. Your watercolouring is amazing. And what a lovely scene. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!