Saturday, February 8, 2020

Bunny Love Card

Happy Saturday, friends!  Greetings from snow covered upstate New York!   Bear with me as I get a little sentimental in today's post.  But first, here is my card for today.  Full details follow my story, so if you like, feel free to scroll past my sentimental journey.



Today's card takes me back in time, to when my daughter was just a toddler, and her favorite toy was her Velveteen rabbit, 'Bunny.'  That little velvet bunny was always safely tucked under Faith's arm, or dangling from her fist.  Bunny enjoyed tea parties and sleepovers with giggling girls, survived summer camps, and endured multiple surgeries to keep his stuffing in.  Hopes and fears, secrets, prayers, tears; all poured into his velvet fur, and became part of his very fabric.   
From summer camp, to college, Bunny now shares Faith with her hubby and two daughters.  His journey continues, bringing joy to the girls, sharing space with other critters and lots of hockey equipment.  Sometimes when we visit, he is handed to me for more surgery to repair a rip or stitch an eye or ear.  
Bunny's bald patches and stitches tell a story of love, hopes and fears, victories and defeats, and dreams fulfilled.  When I see him, my heart swells, and sends a sweet prayer of thanksgiving for the precious gift of family. 

So, now for my card.  I used these Impression Obsession stamps:
Sweet Sock Bunny F20824
Simply Love C12111 
Textured Chevron CC396 Cover A Card 

I created the background with the Textured Chevron  Cover A Card stamp, with a muted pink distress ink on cream card stock, and mounted it to a mauve A2 card front.

I stamped the Sweet Sock Bunny onto a panel of cream card stock, and colored him with Polychromos colored pencils, then layered the panel, and attached it to the card with foam tape. 

I stamped and fussy-cut the Simply Love verse, and attached it to the panel and card.  Some twine and seam binding ribbon and bow finish the card.



The kids will be here today for granddaughter Kennedy's travel hockey team tournaments this afternoon.  We love to watch her play, and can't wait to go cheer on the team.


I am adding my card to these challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - Add a heart
Craft Stamper Magazine Make It Take It - Anything goes
Seize the Birthday - Creatures great and small
Simon Says Wednesday - With love
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes feminine


Thanks so much for visiting today.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  Have a great weekend!

Oh, and by the way, if you like this bunny stamp, be sure to check out this adorable Sock Bunny stamp set:
http://shrsl.com/23tvx

Blessings, 

8 comments:

  1. Lynda, I've always loved your coloring techniques. If you ever host a local Rochester class, Ill be there! So a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply so sweet, Lynda. Just love that bunny! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card - love it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, this is gorgeous! I love that bunny! your coloring is beautiful! We both linked up to SSS so I thought I would come over and tell you how beautiful this is! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super cute image and lovely paper and not forgetting the fabulous bow. Thank you for joining our 'At least one heart' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bunny card! I have an old faithful teddy who has been with me for most of my life. She has endured through many difficult times with me. Your bunny is so beautifully coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet but even more so when you tell the story. Great card, I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, and beautifully coloured. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!