Monday, February 10, 2020

Impression Obsession Old Is New With Valentine Card

Welcome to Impression Obsession's Old Is New.  It's time for our design team to share some inspiration using some of IO's older stamps.  I chose one of my favorite older stamp sets to feature on my card today.  
Impression Obsession stamps:
My Funky Valentine 3110-XL
Love Block Large D20793

The LOVE block is a newer stamp, but the background is done with a stamp from our older set, My Funky Valentine .  I stamped the heart from the set onto some red distress patterned paper, using red ink.  I inked portions of the heart, and randomly stamped them all over the paper panel.

I used Polychromos colored pencils to color the background, adding deep and mid-range reds, then lighter reds, and some white for highlights.  I added this panel to a white A2 card front.

I stamped the Love Block Large onto the same paper, rounded the corners, and added it to a little larger panel of white with rounded corners.  I distressed the white piece, then added this panel to the card.  

I added some white ribbon, with a white bow and some fibers to finish the front.

Inside:  I stamped the other elements from the set with pink ink onto the same pp, and added it to the inside.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Be sure to check out more inspiration from our design team HERE.

Blessings,
   My Funky Valentine
http://shrsl.com/23wgh

                         Lg Love Block D20793

http://shrsl.com/23unv

2 comments:

  1. Like your old and new combination, Lynda. The designed background works so well with the simply lines of the LOVE sentiment. tfs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!