Monday, March 2, 2020

Rose Background Anniversary Card With Pitt Pastels

Hello friends!  Today I have an elegant anniversary card to share, using one of the new stamps from Technique Junkies' March release!  
AND, you may use my discount code, TJ10Lynda, so you can take an additional 10% off the already 15% off price through March 8th.  That's a total of 25% off!!  

Here's my card.....


INSIDE**INSIDE

I used Technique Junkies' stamps:  Old Fashioned Roses, and Happy Anniversary from the set Anniversary Set of 7.

I stamped the Old Fashioned Roses background stamp onto watercolor paper, using Ranger Archival ink in potting soil.  I like this color instead of brown sometimes, when I want a softer look.  The black would have been a little too harsh for the look I wanted in this card.


I colored the roses and leaves with Faber Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils.  I love the soft, velvety look these pastels give.  And they're super easy to blend. I use a combination of blending stumps and small pom-poms with an alligator clip to apply and blend the pastels.

For the verse panel, I embossed the Happy Anniversary stamp onto a piece of the kraft card stock, trimmed closely, and added it to the rose panel.  A bit of pink ribbon and bow were added, then attached to a kraft A2 card front.

Inside, I stamped a portion of the roses background, and hand drew a rectangular area for writing a note.

I hope you are enjoying the TJ release this month.  Don't forget to add my discount to the already 15% off new stamps through March 8th!  


 


I am adding my card to these challenges:
Make My Monday - In the pink
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

Also adding it to the 30 day coloring challenge at 
The Daily Marker.


Here's a sneak peek of my cards for the Floral Silhouette stamp.  I will post them with full details soon.  

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I appreciate your visits and your comments.

https://techniquejunkies.com/old-fashioned-roses/

Old Fashioned Roses




Anniversary Set of 7

Blessings,
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card in beautiful colours. I love the soft effect of the brown and pink together. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Perfect for our "In the Pink" theme!

    Janeen
    Make My Monday Design Team
    https://www.demidoodle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!