Monday, August 31, 2020

Impression Obsession Die Cut Obsession - Haunted House Card


It's Monday here, and time for Impression Obsession's Die Cut Obsession!  It's always a fun time when we get to play with our fabulous dies.  I used one IO halloween die, and cut the pieces into several elements to use around my 'haunted house.'  I love getting more miles from my dies by taking the die cuts apart to use on my projects.
 
I am adding this to Jen's Dare To Get Dirty challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  It's been a fabulous week of challenges with so many fun themes!
 
Stamps/Dies:
 
Here's how I made my card...
  • On a white A2 card, I masked off the border with washi tape, then brushed light gray distress ink inside the taped off section.  I had masked
    off the moon with a circle mask before I did this.  
  • I used a cloud stencil from my stash to create the clouds by brushing color over it onto the area.  I have since received my new cloud stencil from A Colorful Life Designs, which I can't wait to use.  I have been seeing it used all over, and the clouds are so realistic with that stencil.  I will be making more cloud cards soon with that one.
  • I removed the tape, then stamped the Haunted House 2 stamp onto white card stock, and colored it with Polychromos colored pencils. I fussy-cut the house, and added it to the card front over the background I had created.
  • I cut the pieces from black card stock from the Halloween Scene die, and added them to the card front.
  • I brushed some purple along the border where the tape was. 
  • Inside:  I stamped Happy Halloween and added a piece of the die cut.

 

I hope you are enjoying the team's Die Cut Obsession cards.  You can see the other's cards with links to their projects on the IO blog post HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Blessings,
 





 


 

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!