Saturday, August 1, 2020

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Focus On The Verse

Happy Saturday.  It's the first Saturday of the month, so it's time for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The optional theme this month is 'Focus on the verse.' 
I wanted to use this vertically long verse, so I went with a slimline card.
Penny Black stamp links:

I started with a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2" panel of pale pink card stock, and folded it it half to create a slimline card.  I placed the card in my Misti, along with the Magnolia Rhapsody stamp.  To 'ink' the stamp, I used Tombow dual brush markers.  I added color to the petals first, adding different shades as I colored.  I misted with fine mist of water between color applications.  Not too much water, as this is just card stock, not watercolor paper.

I moved on to the green for the leaves, then the branches, adding different shades and misting as above.

I inked the verse from the Gifts From Above set with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, and stamped it along the top left of the card.

Some ink spatters and tiny sequins finish the card front.






Inside, I stamped portions of the flowers along the top and right edge, and a verse from the Special Thoughts set.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  Won't you join us in this challenge?  You just might be our lucky winner of a lovely gift voucher to our sponsor, 1,2,3 Stitch!  I'll be looking for your card on the PB Saturday Challenge blog!

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches - Slimline card
Paper Funday Challenge - Anything goes Outdoors
Tuesday Throwdown - Favorite embellishment
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Blessings,





10 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite stamps, Lynda!! I love your wonderfully elegant card with it's beautiful sentiment! A gorgeous card! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! And what a perfect verse for all that's going on in the world now. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lynda - fabulous stamping!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! The flowers and the verse are perfect together! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, I may have to case your dimensions and design for a Encouragement card for a friend in need. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Your tombow inking is just wonderful. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful slim line card! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Your stamping is beautiful and I love that you carried it over to the inside of the cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely! Such a beautiful way to show this verse. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!