Sunday, February 14, 2021

Watercolor and Doodles With February Release IO Stamps


 It's Friday here, and I'm sharing a hug for the upcoming weekend.  Doesn't this girl look so joyful?!  She's probably dreaming, like we are, of the days when we will once again hug our loved ones, and hold them tight again!  For now, I am sending my hugs via cards, text, and FaceTime.
 
IO stamps links:

How I made my card:
  • On watercolor paper, I stamped the Hug Girl image and Here's A Hug verse with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.
  • I watercolored the image with Derwent Inktense pencils.  These 'pencils' contain solid ink, which is water soluble, and makes the most fantastic watercolor medium.  They give more control then regular watercolors, and there are many techniques for using them.
  • I doodled a frame around the verse, and doodled some flowers and leaves on the ground, then colored them with the Inktense.
  • For the background, I added water to my blue pencil, and let the pigment build up on my palette, then used it like paint to brush on the sky.  I did the same for the ground, with brown.
  • I added the panel, along with a black & white striped pp piece along the edge, to a lavender A2 card front.
  • INSIDE:  I stamped the Day Filled With Love verse.
 
INSIDE

This was another fun card to make.  It made me smile, and I thought that was something we could all use this long winter.
 
I hope you are enjoying the Impression Obsession February Release stamps You can find all of the new stamps HERE.
We have been enjoying using them on our cards.  

On Wednesday we will be back with our release favorites hop, where we will each post our favorite card from the release.  I hope you will join us for the fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visit and your comments.

Blessings,

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!