Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Evening Primrose Card With Stenciled Background With Impression Obsession April Release Stamps

 
As you may know, the Impression Obsession April 2021 Release Celebration took place the past two days.  If you have not seen the amazing stamps, be sure to check them out.  You can find them HERE.  Today I have another card using the gorgeous Evening Primrose image.  I love the way this stamps, and it's so easy to color and very versatile.
 
IO Stamps Links:
Stencil:  Brick Wall stencil from A Colorful Life Designs
 
How I made my card:
  • On recycled bristol card stock, I stamped the Evening Primrose with VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink.  
  • I used a very light wash of watercolor to the petals and leaves, and let that dry.
  • I used Polychromos colored pencils to add shape and definition, shading and highlights to the image.
  • For the background, I used the Brick Wall stencil with distress ink, brushing it on so that it fades out in areas.
  • Finally, I added the Be Still verse.
  • I layered the panel onto a white card front.
  • INSIDE:  I used the same Brick Wall stencil to create a subtle background.  I stamped the Evening Primrose on a scrap piece of card stock, and fussy-cut some the flower blossoms.  I used distress ink with blending brushes to add color to these blossoms.
Inside
I hope you are inspired to try some of our new images with your techniques.  If you do, please share them with us on the IO Facebook page.  We would love to see what you are doing.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful,peaceful & comforting. Oh, and did I mention "inspiring"? Thank you for sharing! I'd like to get back into stamping.... I need a little ooomph, lol. (This might do it!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!