Thursday, March 15, 2018

Birthday Dahlias

Another flock of geese flew over today, coming back for the season.  I'm afraid they're going to take one look at the snow and head back south!  I love the sound of honking geese, and run outdoors to wave hello when I hear them.  Sure sign spring is on its way!

For my card today, I used a Power Poppy digital stamp, Hello Dahlias.  I colored the image with Copic markers, and added some colored pencil highlights.  The happy birthday is from Power Poppy clear set Dynamic Duos Peonies & Tulips.  The die is from Lawn Fawn, stitched squares.

Here is my card...
The Power Poppy challenge is to take inspiration from fabric.  I chose this fabric as my inspiration for my card...

I really like this stamp set.  I'm not sure there are blue dahlias, but I took artistic license.  I used to tell my students to make their flowers or other objects any color they wanted.  Life has enough other rules, and our little tiny card canvases offer us the freedom to stretch our horizons and break some rules.

I am adding my card to these other challenges:

The Flower Challenge - Anything goes

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Spring/Easter

Time Out Challenges - Birthday (their 4th!)  

Pile It On  - Circles (flowers are circular)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I appreciate your comments and encouragement.  

Make it a good day.

Blessings,

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Lynda what a beautiful card. Such wonderful colouring and a great design. Love how you cute around those little flowers. Another digital flower I can feel calling to me. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry just saw as I hit publish I had typed 'cute' not 'cut' around the little flowers - sorry should have proof read it properly. Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Lynda! I love how the buds are peeking above the paper line, it really creates interest! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful. I love those gorgeous flowers and the colors you chose. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite colours! So beautiful! I'd love to see the geese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful image and great colouring! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!