Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Easter Joy!

I wanted to use Easter colors today, because they make me feel joyful.  So that is what inspired this card....

I started by creating my background.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks with glossy card stock.  I swiped the mini stamp pads across the paper, then turned it 90 degrees and swiped them again, alternating colors as I swiped.  These dried super quick.  

On black card stock, I cut the Impression-Obsession Die 152-N along the left edge.  I lined the back with some of the background I had created.  

I black-embossed the lilies, cross, and Rejoice from the Impression-Obsession MC73 Easter Lily clear set onto the background paper, then cut it into the shape of an Easter egg.  I mounted it to the card with craft foam, and added a pretty purple ribbon.

Easy-peasy, but I like the way it came out.  

I am entering my card in these challenges:

Impression-Obsession - Pick A Holiday

Make My Monday - Easter Fun

Sunday Stamps - Easter palette

I hope you are making time to be creative and have fun.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate you taking the time to visit and love your comments.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to use the colors - and the turning technique makes it look almost like a pastel plaid! Very dramatic behnd the black - love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow I love that beautiful color on your Egg
    great idea with black card stock
    lovely made
    many thanks to joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!