Monday, June 17, 2019

Die-Cut Obsession at Impression-Obsession - Dragonfly & Cattails

 

Welcome to Die-Cut Obsession at Impression-Obsession!  Today we are featuring some of our fabulous dies on our design team blogs for your inspiration.  You can find the other designer's post links on the IO blog HERE.

I love dragonflies, so my card today has a great big one....
Dies:  DIE43-YY Dragonfly & Cattails
         DIE814-U Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banners
Stamp:  Little Things C20696
 

I created a background on watercolor paper using distress inks and watercolor.   I cut the Dragonfly & Cattails die from blue card stock, and adhered it to the background, then adhered that to a teal panel, then to an A2 card.  I added some sparkle with the Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen.  It doesn't show up well in the photo, but in real life it's fabulously sparkly!

I created a banner from one of the Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banners, and stamped the Little Things verse onto it, and adhered it with foam tape.  

Inside:

I hope you are inspired by my card.  Dies are fantastic for making a quick card.  I often make a bunch of backgrounds when I have my inks and sprays, etc. out.  That way, when I want a card, I just grab one, add a die, or stamp something over it, and Voila!  Instant card!  Especially these large frame dies, like this beautiful dragonfly one.  Easy-peasy!

Ooopss.... Did anyone catch my ooops on my card.  I inadvertently stamped the verse on the wrong side of the die cut.  I just noticed it when I had the card all finished.  The stitches really look neater and more crisp on the right side....but the card was finished, so there was no going back.  

Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the other designers HERE.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:
CAS Watercolor Challenge - Something blue 
Dies R Us - Summertime
Time Out Challenges - Nature





Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and your comments.

Blessings,
 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Lynda! I love the die you used...so lovely and so much detail!! And of course your water colored background sets the die off just perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this die and it looks so fantastic against that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is fabulous and yes, this certainly says Summertime! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sentiment...such a fabulous reminder! Gorgeous card.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty die, I love the background you made for it!Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!