Monday, June 10, 2019

Impression-Obsession Old Is New - Retro Owls

Welcome to Old Is New Day at Impression-Obsession!  All of the designers have created a project using an older stamp from the IO website.  We enjoy showing our oldies but goodies some inky love.  You can see the other designer's posts on the IO blog HERE.

For my card today, I am going retro.  Retro Owls, that is!
Stamps:  
Retro Owls D2413
Owl Leaves H2370
Hang In There D13783 (this one is from the summer release)

I started with bristol card stock, and stamped the Owl Leaves H2370 onto it, using my Misti and distress inks.   I kept the panel in the Misti while I watercolored it with a damp brush.  I pulled the color out with the brush, then added some other colors to get the look I wanted.  When it dried (OK...I dried it with my heat tool because I'm impatient), I re-stamped the image a couple of times to darken the lines.

 
I created the background with distress inks, brushing them on carefully.


I colored the Retro Owls D2413 owl in the same fashion, fussy-cut it, and added it with foam tape.  The verse, Hang In There, was stamped in Ranger Archival ink.  


Some sparkling crystals finish off the card front.






Inside: 


I hope you are inspired by my card today.  Be sure to check out the other designer's cards HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I look forward to your visits and comments, and appreciate you spending time here.


Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!